We have released 1.8.0 as a stable release, please refer to the announcement for information on using or upgrading to 1.8.
We are proud to announce the release of our first release candidate for the 1.8 series of Xibo. The codename for this series is “Tempel”.
This release builds on the enhancements in 1.8.0-beta by fixing 80 issues/features. We are nearing our first stable 1.8 release and would appreciate anyone willing to try out 1.8.0-rc1.
- New Weather Templates
- New Twitter Templates
- Metro Twitter Module
- Google Traffic Module
- Weather/Twitter widgets scale as if they were images for more consistent behaviour when placed into differently sized Regions.
- Scheduling: Dayparting
- Scheduling: Week/Day Recurring Events (recur only on specific days of the week)
- Scheduling: Leave “repeat until” empty to “repeat forever”
- Performance improvements
- Better filtering on the Display Group page for Nested Display Groups
- New API routes for updating DataSets via JSON objects
- Shell Commands can kill the command that they started
- 80 bug fixes and stability improvements
This release contains new features relating to the communication between the CMS and the Players. To use this release you must use Xibo for Windows 1.8.0-rc1 or later or Xibo for Android R58 or later. The download is available on GitHub.
Please Note: This is a release candidate and should not be used in production.
Xibo in the Cloud
We’re very pleased to expand our 1.8 offering from London to our other 2 locations – North America and Singapore. This means 1.8.0-rc1 is available on Xibo in the Cloud in all of our locations!