We are proud to announce the first stable release for the 1.8 series of Xibo. The codename for this series is “Tempel”.
It has taken us a little over 18 months to bring you this major feature release of Xibo, below are some of the things you can expect:
- Installation: Docker deployments
- Installation: Step by Step Upgrade Wizard
- Layouts and Content: Layout Designer improvements, including a new toolbar
- Layouts and Content: Add audio to Widgets
- Layouts and Content: Layout Import/Export handles DataSets
- Layouts and Content: Add some extra fonts as standard
- Layouts and Content: New Widgets, including Stocks, Currencies, HLS, PDF, Metro Twitter, Google Traffic, Audio
- Displays: Push messaging
- Displays: Scheduled and Immediate shell commands
- Displays: RS232 commands
- Displays: Dynamic and Nested Display Groups
- Schedule: Dayparting and “always” schedules
- Schedule: Agenda View
- Schedule: Recurring Events without an end date
- Internationalisation: Support for custom date formats
- Internationalisation: Displays in different timezones
- User and Permissions: Changing ownership of items
- User and Permissions: SAML support for single sign on
- User and Permissions: Announcement system
- Extending and Troubleshooting: API for 3rd party integrations
- Extending and Troubleshooting: Code improvements to enable better customisation of code (Middleware and Modules)
- Extending and Troubleshooting: Overhaul auditing and logging
- Extending and Troubleshooting: PHPUnit Test Suite
- Extending and Troubleshooting: Documentation improvements
- 389 closed issues
Our recommended configuration 1.8 series will be based on Docker. If you would like to try 1.8.0 by upgrading your existing 1.7 installation, we recommend switching to Docker. Please refer to the release notes for more information.
This series contains new features relating to the communication between the CMS and the Players. To use this release you must use Xibo for Windows 1.8.0 or later or Xibo for Android R58 or later. The release notes are available in the manual and the download is available on GitHub.
Xibo in the Cloud
1.8.0 is available on Xibo in the Cloud in all of our locations!
We would like to take this opportunity to say a big Thank You to everyone involved in the Xibo Project Community. We couldn’t release Xibo without the help we get from people who purchased from Spring Signage, reported bugs, submitted patches or donated money.
We have big plans for the future, so please sign up on our community, subscribe to our RSS or follow us on Twitter or Facebook.