We are proud to announce the first release candidate for the 2.0 version of Xibo. The codename for this version is “Swift”.
Originally discovered on November 27, 1869 by Tempel (the codename for our 1.8 release), the 11P/Tempel–Swift–LINEAR comet was rediscovered by Swift on October 11, 1880, lost and rediscovered again by LINEAR on December 7, 2001.
2.0.0-rc1 should be used for testing only and not be used in production. You can upgrade to this release from 1.8 series.
We have had 4 focus points for 2.0:
- Improved Layout Design experience
- Draft/Published Layouts
- Database Schema migrations for Upgrades
If you're interested in reading more about these things and what they mean for Xibo, please take a look at our 2.0.0-alpha blog post.
Also included are some improvements over 2.0.0-beta.2, such as:
- Improved webOS/Tizen display settings
- A mechanism so that display settings can be overridden on an individual display
- Repeating Schedule settings for a particular week day in the month
- Improvements to the way the inline text editor works
- A horizontal menu option
- An updated tour (this is a work in progress and we hope to have it completed for rc2)
Please use the links below to download this release:
This release is also available on Xibo in the Cloud.
You may use any 1.8 series compatible Player with this release.