We are pleased to announce our fourth patch for the 2.3 version of Xibo. The codename for this version is “Wolf”.
14P/Wolf is a periodic comet with an orbital period of 8.74a (Julian years). Max Wolf (Heidelberg, Germany) discovered the comet on September 17, 1884. It is particularly interesting as its perihelion and orbital period change due to the influcence of Jupiter.
This release fixes 30 issues.
DarkSky has been Xibo's source of weather data for several years, but unfortunately this has come to an end. DarkSky have been bought by Apple and have closed their doors to new API sign-ups, see 2180: Weather: DarkSky has been bought by Apple and is no-longer taking accounts.
Users of Xibo who already have a DarkSky API key will retain access until the end of 2021. Xibo in the Cloud users do not need to take action as this has been handled as part of your Cloud subscription.
We have chosen Open Weather Map API as our replacement to the DarkSky API. Open Weather Map offer a similar plan to DarkSky - please visit the website to get an API key. Enter your Open Weather Map API key on the Forecast/Weather module edit form.
Please use the links below to download this release:
You may use any v2 compatible Player with this release. At the time of writing these are the latest:
1.8 series Players will also function but please be aware that new v2 features will not be supported.
- 2239: Incorrect Event icons when changing repeating Event to Always Daypart
- 2238: Colour Picker not appearing for Dataset Ticker Widget
- 2233: On/Off timers tab for Tizen Profile refers to webOS
- 2231: Weather: Incorrect Current Day Average & wrong units for Morning/Evening/Night
- 2229: Layout Designer: Improve tooltips
- 2227: Layout duration is incorrect if Layout is 24 hours long
- 2226: Stats Migration Task Fails to run with SQL error
- 2225: Schedule Weekly recurrence adds invalid event if edited from a month after the start month
- 2224: Submit Stats - why do we unset the scheduleId in Mongo?
- 2223: Schedule Edit: Delete instance of recurring event, wrong dates
- 2222: Unable to create a Layout copy with duplicated media box ticked
- 2205: Swagger: Layout Model is missing Region embed properties
- 2204: Jalali: Text editor does not work with Jalali Calendar enabled
- 2196: Multiple Display Events issue
- 2195: data not showing for RSS feeds from datasets
- 2192: Agenda View does not render the new Campaign event type 5
- 2191: Tizen Display Profile: Adjustments for Lock Options
- 2188: Add Remote Dataset form - default value for Truncate Dataset
- 2137: Widgets are missing in Designer when using Safari Browser. [Mac only]
- 2237: Datepicker: Week days should start on a Monday for en-GB
- 2235: Display downtime data should be available via the API
- 2228: Displays: Remote management links
- 2234: Playlist duration requires update should be available via the API
- 2232: Update language on "client not licensed" message from CMS
- 2230: Dashboard Bandwidth Graph inaccurate/missleading when Displays have been deleted recently while BW is exceeded
- 2219: New Default Layout
- 2199: Link to the date format manual section from Global Settings thanks to @auchri
- 2187: Helptext on Dataset View and Dataset Ticker row limits is misleading
- 2186: Custom Modules cannot load JSON templates
- 2185: Weather: round the lat/long to 3 d.p
Our focus from now will be to move ahead with the development of Xibo version 3, which will be our Interactive Signage release!