We are pleased to announce the release of our third development preview for the 3.0 version of Xibo. The codename for this version is “Finlay”.
15P/Finlay is a periodic comet with an orbital period of 6.51a (Julian years). William Henry Finlay (Royal Observatory, Cape of Good Hope, South Africa) discovered the comet on September 26, 1886. It's last closest approach to the sun was in December 2014 and is on it's way back in July 2021.
3.0.0-alpha3 is a development preview only and should not be used in production. You can upgrade to this release from 2.x series.
There are two key features in this release:
- Layout Preview has been improved with support for some Actions so that interactive Layouts can now be previewed.
- A new welcome page has been designed to offer more information to new users and includes two new tours.
We're making this alpha available for people to try using our recommended installation method, Docker. We will be providing release files for the stable 3.0.0 release for those of you running without Docker in due course.
9 issues have been addressed in this release!
- 2317: Interactive Feedback snagging
- 2314: Inline text widget editor: Media snippets are broken
- 2303: Time Disconnected Summary report does not export well
- 2301: Emailing Time disconnected report
- 2315: Refactor TimeSeries store
- 2283: v3: Layout Preview, basic interactivity
- 2278: Users: Improve the terminology used when describing page permissions
- 2206: Auto-complete tags
- 2218: Tour: Reorganise and cover more topics
We will focus on collecting feedback and making improvements to version 3 and aim to release a 3.0.0-beta in due course!