Below you will find all the release notes and download links for this latest and greatest version of the Xibo CMS.
15P/Finlay is a periodic comet with an orbital period of 6.51a (Julian years). William Henry Finlay (Royal Observatory, Cape of Good Hope, South Africa) discovered the comet on September 26, 1886. It's last closest approach to the sun was in December 2014 and is on it's way back in July 2021.
Please use the links below to download this release:
We have new v3 Android and Windows players available with this release, with the other players functioning in a backwards compatible mode.
The minimum version of Xibo for webOS that will function with a v3 CMS is v2 R206. The minimum version of Xibo for Tizen that will function with a v3 CMS is v2 R202.
At the time of writing these are the latest players:
v2 players will connect to a v3 CMS, but please be aware that v3 features will not be supported.
1.8 players will also function but please be aware that v2/v3 features will not be supported.
We recommend using player software of the same version as your CMS.
If you use any of our commercial players (Android, webOS or Tizen) and have taken advantage of on-premise licensing, please update your on-premise licensing module at the same time as you upgrade your CMS.
The new modulde can be downloaded from your My Products.
Whats new in Xibo version v3?
In our Whats new in Xibo version 3 article you can find a summary of all the things we've added and changed.
If you'd rather read the announcements we've made at each stage, you can do so in the following release blogs:
- 37 issues have been resolved since 3.0.0-rc3.
This release can run on MySQL 5.7.
Xibo in the Cloud
This release is available on Xibo in the Cloud!
- 2537: Editor Tour multiple fixes
- 2536: Display Profile Settings: On/Off timer override not working
- 2533: v3 Folder order adding new Users
- 2532: Fetch Remote DataSets task does not finish thanks to @oteixido
- 2530: Case sensitive search Fields on World Clock
- 2528: Layout Designer: Bootstrap Tooltip fixes
- 2527: Calendar Widget Visual Editor Snippets/Library positioned incorrectly
- 2518: World Clock elements misplaced on Linux Player
- 2517: Notify Status: webOS/Tizen players send "splash" as currentLayoutId
- 2516: Xibo Layout Scaler wrong dimensions on Android
- 2500: Interactive: layout code actions include more layouts can necessary in required files
- 2497: Folders: sharing on the root folder
- 2491: Layout designer: Edit region button causes preview window to appear full screen when clicked.
- 2490: Interactive: Navigate to Layout does not always work
- 2488: Schedule: Datetime picker doesn't use 24hr clock when it should
- 2487: SAML: auto-logout doesn't log back into the same page
- 2485: Reporting: Summary is empty if using Mongo storage and a decimal is recorded in duration
- 2484: Default duration on widgets in drawer are not obeyed.
- 2483: Targets on drawer items are unset when the layout is checked out.
- 2480: 2FA setup returns error.
- 2473: Schedule: a midnight to midnight daypart event appears on both days
- 2472: Cannot access colour picker for the background for Chart Widget
- 2471: Settings: CMS key phonetic spelling wrong case
- 2470: Onboarding migration doesn't add user groups
- 2535: New Android Display Setting for Enable Touch
- 2534: New Android Display setting for Video Engine
- 2526: Name Filter : do not use space as a delimiter for searching
- 2525: 2.3.9: dataset HTML column length too low
- 2522: Layout Designer : Topbar actions submenu
- 2515: Displays: multi-select menu, hard to see the item you want
- 2514: Displays: uniform size for thumbnails (portrait thumbnails take up a lot of room)
- 2508: Remote DataSet : Add an option to set User Agent
- 2505: Layout Grid : add Code filter
- 2498: Folders: Design revamp
- 2489: Add memcached container to Docker Compose file and document
- 2478: Typo in Templates for DataSet View Widget
- 2503: Folder Sharing : Better represent Folder Tree Structure
Also included are any fixes in the upcoming 2.3.11 release.
We have already started working on our 3.1 release, which builds on the improvements we've made in 3.0!
We would like to thank everyone involved in testing this release and everyone who contributed ideas.