The team at Xibo Signage are pleased to announce that our third release of the new Xibo Player for Linux is ready. This release works with Xibo CMS version 1.8.12 or later.
The Xibo Player for Linux supports a sub-set of Xibo's overall features and you can see what is supported on our website. We will be working hard over the coming weeks and months to bring this up to a full feature set.
New in this release:
- Support for m3u8 streams
- 12 issues and fixes
- Improved the general stability of the application
Install/Upgrade the Xibo Player
Please follow our installation guide for a walkthrough on how to install/upgrade or uninstall the Xibo for Linux Player.
Known issues and bugs
All changes in this release:
- 105: Should the default resources folder be in common?
- 104: XML Log discarded - encoding issue
- 103: Player Crash - closes with xml_parser_error
- 102: Player Crash - No such node (layout)
- 101: Options form shows not responding when clicking browse library
- 98: Remove warning messages
- 92: 100% CPU trying to open a Layout that hasn't been downloaded
- 86: Player should prevent the display from power saving when it is running
- 83: Linux Player cannot play m3u8 playlist thanks to @myymi
- 75: Player cant play a Mpeg-TS stream thanks to @srekkas
- 74: Crash: unexpected end of data
- 99: 1.8R1 Uri is not valid error when showing webpage widget thanks to @Coccinell12
We'd love to accept contributions to this players development, whether that be by fixing a bug or implementing one of the missing features. The repository is available on GitHub, as is the Contributors Licence Agreement.
The player is under active development, so we ask that before starting any issue you liaise with the team in the issue comments to make sure we aren't duplicating our work.