The team at Xibo Signage are pleased to announce that our fourth release of the new Xibo Player for Linux is ready. This release works with Xibo CMS version 1.8.12 or later.
The Xibo Player for Linux supports a sub-set of Xibo's overall features and you can see what is supported on our website. The Linux Player can be connected to a v2 CMS to benefit from the new Layout Designer interface and options, but currently does not support the v2 Player exclusive features. We will be working hard over the coming weeks and months to bring this Player up to a full feature set.
New in this release:
- Improvements to Video Playback
- Proof of Play Statistics Recording
- 11 issues and fixes
Install/Upgrade the Xibo Player
Please follow our installation guide for a walkthrough on how to install/upgrade or uninstall the Xibo for Linux Player.
Known issues and bugs
All changes in this release:
- 137: GStreamer gst_poll_read_control assert after long playback thanks to @PawelDefee
- 135: xibo is crashing when it will play video in 4k thanks to @renancamargo
- 121: Gstreamer Critical Error set != NULL after approx 16 hours
- 119: WebView is not loaded immediately
- 90: Player does not download files other that .html thanks to @guile2912
- 122: Video from TVHeadend thanks to @srekkas
- 118: Respect Screen shot interval setting
- 115: Error when Compliling using SPDLOG 1.4.0 thanks to @joacom
- 112: Implement a Watchdog to restart the Player if it closes
- 87: Investigate hardware decoding for gstreamer
- 70: Proof of Play Statistics
We'd love to accept contributions to this players development, whether that be by fixing a bug or implementing one of the missing features. The repository is available on GitHub, as is the Contributors Licence Agreement.
The player is under active development, so we ask that before starting any issue you liaise with the team in the issue comments to make sure we aren't duplicating our work.