We are proud to announce that Xibo version 1.4.0 (Codename “Brorsen”) has arrived and is available for download. This is the first release in a new stable series of Xibo and we recommend that everyone upgrade.
It has been a little over 18 months since the last stable release and in that time there have been 5 development preview releases introducing 27 new features and fixing 108 bugs. Some of the highlights include:
- Significant improvements to permissions: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/05/06/introducing-an-improved-permissions-model/
- A new timeline editing window: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/06/26/introducing-a-new-region-timeline-editing-window/
- .NET Client Improvements: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/06/05/introducing-a-threaded-more-robust-windows-client-with-improved-library-management/
- Features for service providers: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/06/02/introducing-new-features-for-service-providers/
- Wake On LAN: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/06/01/introducing-wake-on-lan-for-display-clients/
- Layout Designer Jump List: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/05/31/introducing-the-layout-designer-jump-list/
- User Management: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/04/28/introducing-improved-user-password-management/
- Data Sets: http://xibo.org.uk/2012/04/15/introducing-datasets/
- Schedule Now
- Execute Shell Commands
- and much more.
We couldn’t release Xibo without the help we get from you, the Xibo community. Particular thanks goes to everyone who reported bugs, submitted patches or donated money.