We are pleased to announce the release of Xibo for Windows v2 R257, which is a bug fix release solving 6 issues.
This release works with Xibo CMS version 2 and has legacy mode for version 1.8.
UPDATE: 18th March 08:00 GMT. We have released a hotfix which fixes an issue showing the default layout when nothing is scheduled to the player. The download link above has been updated.
An end to notification balloons
With this release we've changed the Watchdog application that starts alongside the Xibo Player, so that if it detects a problem it does not show a notification balloon. From now onward the watchdog should silently keep things running, no more barking!
If you want to turn balloons back on again, you can do so in the watchdog config file.
See the change log below for a full list.
Please Note: Players starting from v2 R252 (released 19th March 2020) use a new architecture and their capabilities may not be identical to earlier v2 Players. We recommend testing the Player with your content on one device before commiting to v2 R252 or later.
This Player requires Windows 10.
Instructions for upgrading from an earlier release can be found in the Administrator Documentation.
If you have a white label build of the application, the upgrade is available in your Xibo customer portal account.
- 204: Interrupts: Improve interrupt logic to precalculate interrupts
- 202: Settings: isRecordGeoLocationOnProofOfPlay
- 193: Watchdog: Option to turn off notification balloons
- 198: Fly transitions not working correctly
- 194: Interrupts: normal schedule not resuming regions current playtime
- 192: Default Layout displayed when layout containing content with future dated content is scheduled alongside valid layout.