We are proud to announce the release of our first development preview for the 1.8 series of Xibo. The codename for this series is “Tempel”.
Our goal for 1.8 series is to adopt the latest standards and encourage integration with other systems through a REST API and an improved stable code base. To help us towards that goal this “alpha” release is being made available as an early preview – primarily for community testing.
This release is for fresh installation only, you cannot upgrade to this alpha version. In this release you can test the following new features:
- Xibo CMS API
- Display Manager showing detailed Display Status Information
- Improved support for date formats and international dates
- An improved RSS parser
- A Finance module for currencies and stocks
- Ability to reference Library images in more Modules
- Friendly URLs
- Permission inheritance
- Transfer Ownership on User Delete
- Duration Estimate for Layouts
- oAuth API access (authorization_code and client_credentials)
- Improved scalability in all areas of the system
- Slim PHP
- Twig Views
- Swagger Documentation for the API
- Improved XMDS/XLF documentation
- Security by design with a separate /web folder
- Pluggable logging system via monolog
- Improved HTTP via Guzzel
- Preliminary PHPUnit test runner
- and our new architecture which we hope is more efficient, easier to customise and more stable!
This is a CMS only release and you should use the 1.7.4 Windows Player or any version of Xibo for Android with this release.
We have much more planned for 1.8.0-alpha2 which we hope to release at the end of December 2015.
Please Note: This is a development preview release and should not be used in production.