Xibo Signage are pleased to announce Xibo for Android v2 R210. This release works with Xibo CMS version 2.x and has legacy mode for versions 1.4, 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8.
Please note: this release contains significant changes to the way content is played. We strongly advise testing this release on a small subset of devices prior to rolling this out to your entire network. If you experience issues with this release please rollback to v2 R206 and contact us.
We have addressed 7 issues in this release:
- Layouts: Fix disappearing Region when region loop is used
- Interrupt Layout: correctly set the Layering of Regions when resuming a Layout
- Interrupt Layout: correctly apply the Layout background colour when resuming a Layout
- Interrupt Layout: handle videos with "set duration" when resuming a Layout
- Widgets: Improved Package HTML so that the nominated file can have query parameters (requires CMS 2.3.8)
- Troubleshooting: Improved logging for "Xibo isn't responding" messages
- Troubleshooting: Player side option to use the last activity date to set the device date/time on start, if the current date time is earlier than a known date (useful if the player cannot get a time of its own)
Xibo has always done its best to switch between Layouts and Widgets as seamlessly as possible. In the past, device side limitations have prevented a truly seemless switch and often a "black flash" of one or two frames was visible between content.
This release builds on v2 R207 and takes further steps to solve this issue to bring around a truly seamless switch between content.
As a result we are also able to connect together some types of transition - for example two images with "fly in" and "fly out" East will both be on the screen at the same time as one moves in and the other out.
Note: some content, such as embedded web pages, are likely to still show some background as they load. We will continue to improve this in future versions.
Gapless playback with videos requires the device to have multiple video decoders. CMS 2.3.6 has a setting in the Display Profile to turn on/off the use of multiple video decoders.
Install / Upgrade
Installation instructions can be found here.
Instructions for upgrading from an earlier release can be found here.
If you have a white label build of the application, the upgrade is available in your account.